Nanette Jo Cooke

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Family

I just want everyone to know that I am fine now. Thank you for all the love and prayers, thanks to Dr. Kaminsky and Dr. Kirby for getting me started out right, and thanks to all my friends back in Portland, especailly Dr. Jay and the nurses and neonatolgists for taking such good care of me, and thanks to Gramma and Grampa Cooke and Gramma Josie and Papa and Aunt Angie and all the uncles and aunts and nephews and nieces and friends and relatives - wow, thanks to everyone!!! My mom and dad are really blessed! And now I have Katie and Carter to help take care of me, and mom is teaching me to drink milk (the right way) and dad holds me and stares at me and cuddles me and snuggles on the couch and pats me on the back to get me to burp and sometimes I just want to say "Aw, dad, we're all fine now," but all I can get out is "goo." That seems to make him happy enough.

Katie and Carter just ooooh and aaaahh over me. Katie can't wait to braid my hair. Carter wants to race me (hello? Carter, do you think you'll win?) I think they are the best brother and sister I could ever have picked for me. We're going to make a great threesome - we'll go on lots of adventures, get bee stings, make mud cakes and mud soup, and catch Daring Jumping Spiders (Carter's favorite) and put them in plastic salsa tubs (Katie says you have to poke holes in the top for them to get air - I know how it feels to not have enough air to breathe.)

But mostly right now I'm just going to catch up on some sleep in my new room. Mom and dad painted the walls bright pink, with yellow and white stripes on the lower part. My crib is super comfy and no one pokes me at night (except yesterday, I got a shot at the doctor's office, but I only cried for a few seconds.) I try to let mom and dad get as much sleep as they need, but I do get hungry. I cry as soft and sweet as I can to get them up. It's kind of funny to see them wander around sleepy-like in the middle of the night. It makes me giggle.

Know what? I'm just trying to say that I'm glad to be home. Life is a great adventure, isn't it?

8 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, May 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the kewpie doll hair! Can't wait for my turn to hug and cuddle and slobber all over her!

     
  • At 6:44 PM, May 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amen. EP

     
  • At 8:41 PM, May 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nanette, it's great to hear that you're settling in well. Take it from a seasoned pro--brothers & sisters are the best thing in the whole world. They can be obnoxious, pick fights for no reason, but at the end of the day they're still there; some of the best friends you can have might not even be like that! - Amelia

     
  • At 7:40 AM, May 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a neighbor of Nanette's Aunt Angie in Florida... I feel that I've joined Nanette's fan club by keeping up with her in this blog.

    Thanks for sharing...

    Mike

     
  • At 8:34 PM, May 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, how excellent it was to see you all at church this week! We can't wait to see more of the infamous Nanette (and her pink Easter dress *nudge, nudge*) :P

     
  • At 10:53 PM, June 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm Tanaya's grandmother and I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you all that you have Nanette home at last. Whata little cutie. we were praying for all the babies along with Silas. It's been wonderful to read about Nanette's progres. God bless you all and we hope Nanette wil grow into a wonderful little girl.
    Grandmother Beverley in Canada

     
  • At 11:07 PM, August 02, 2006, Blogger Catherine & Sofia said…

    I am so happy to read of another survivor! My daughter, Sofia was born with CDH on April 18. I brought her home on June 8. I was wondering if it would be okay to add a link to your blog on Sofia's. If so, please email me at catarina2482@yahoo.com. You can visit Sofia's blog at www.sofia06.blogspot.com.

    God Bless

     
  • At 5:35 PM, January 17, 2008, Blogger CDHi Admin said…

    She's just adorable! I'm so glad she's doing so well! If you have any questions or want to talk to other CDH families, CHERUBS is here for you.

    Dawn

    CHERUBS - The Association of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Research, Awareness and Support
    Over 2000 CDH families and 150 CDH medical professionals, working together since 1995
    http://www.cdhsupport.org

     

Post a Comment

<< Home