Nanette Jo Cooke

Friday, April 14, 2006

Surgery update...

We met with Dr. Sanjay Krishnaswami today and went
over the surgery plan for Monday. His partner, Dr.
David Bliss, will assist him. (I think that these
names bode well for Nanette's surgery!) The surgery
is scheduled for 2:30, but the exact time will depend
on how everything else that day goes.

They will go in from the chest, using microscopic
surgery. They are going to put her bowels back down
where they belong and then sew up the hole, or patch
it, depending on how big it it. It could be the size
of a silver dollar or larger. She'll be in recovery
for at least a week, and then we hope she can start
eating real food (mother's milk) and hopefully get off
the respirator.

She's doing well, not in any pain, sleeps a lot, loves
her mom, poops green stuff, all that.

I think I got the gist of this right - I'm sure that
the nurses and doctors can post some comments and
insights (that'd be you, Angie!)

Send a big wave of prayers Monday afternoon - Nanette
will need them (and don't forget mom - she's going to
be biting her fingernails in the waiting room)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, April 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you, thank you, Joe for starting the blog and sending the link. I just got the email this morning (Saturday). I thought the surgery was yesterday and I spent the day gardening with the house and cell phones in my pocket! I planted a grapevine in my garden on the day Nani Jo was born, and I named it for her! (I will plant vines for Katy and Carter, too. I will send pictures when the baby vines leaf out.)

    I am so relieved to see that Nani Jo is a big, strong baby. She does NOT either look like Uncle Huey!

    I will continue to send prayers and thoughts of strength to everyone, especially little Nanette.

    BTW, my copy of Thorsen's Law arrived Thursday and I began reading it yesterday, while thinking of all of you. What a gorgeous cover! And the writing's not bad either!!!!

    Best wishes to everyone, and many many hugs.

    Love,
    Aunt Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home