Nanette Jo Cooke

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Daily Word...

Nanette had a bit of a scare last night - her
breathing tube got blocked with a giant lugie. It
happened right at the shift change, so I wasn't there
(thank you, God.) The nurses were so impressed, they
saved the blocked tube to show Dr. Fakler. I stayed
all night with Nanette, but I have to admit that I
spent most of it napping. Even so, it's great just to
be in her presence.

The standard medical procedure is to wait a few days
before operating, just to make sure the baby is stable
and adjusted to the new surroundings. For Nanette, it
sounds like the surgeon is talking about Friday.

My mom and dad drove down from Chehalis yesterday. We
had some long conversations about how to get JoAnn
here in time for Nanette's surgery. We're not sure
when JoAnn will be discharged, but mom and dad went
home, jumped in their RV and headed for Walla Walla.
The plan is for Jo to ride in comfort, followed by her
mom (Josie) and the kids (Katie (6) and Carter (4).

Our room here at the Ronald McDonald house is
wonderful. JoAnn will be comfortable and close to
Nanette during both their recoveries. They'll
probably be here for about a month.

Hopefully, I won't be posting anything more exciting
than a giant lugie here for at least a few days, but I
will try to post as often as I can. They kick me out
at 7am for an hour and at 7pm for an hour, during the
shift change. Other than that, I get to stay as long
as I want - they have these great big, soft recliners
and they give me a blanket and a pillow and really
treat me well.

Love and blessings to all,

Joe

3 Comments:

  • At 7:52 AM, April 13, 2006, Blogger Dan said…

    Setting up a blog is a great idea, Joe, and lets everybody see the prayers and warm wishes coming in. Should be an avalanche!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, April 13, 2006, Blogger The Williams Team said…

    We will be praying for her and the rest of your family. Hang in there.
    Brenda

     
  • At 1:04 PM, April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We're sorry to hear about the difficulties with Nanette! Please let us know if there is anything we can do. Of course we'll all be praying. We love you all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home