Nanette Jo Cooke

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Baby Girl Cooke

Baby Nanette arrived at 8:27PM on Tuesday, April 11th,
2006 - weighing in at a marvelous 10lbs 2ozs! After
many hours of labor, the Dr. finally delivered her
C-Section.

There is a complication. She was born with congenital
diaphragmatic herinia. That means that there is a
small hole in her diaphragm that has allowed her
intestines to herniate into the space that would
normally be occupied with her left lung. That in turn
has pushed her heart into the space that would
normally be occupied by her right lung. In other
words, she couldn't breathe. The awesome doctors,
nurses and other angels at St. Mary's got her
resuccitated and ordered air transport to Emmanuel
Hospital in Portland. Somehow, this little trooper
managed to get enough air going to survive.

Mom is recovering in Walla Walla while I watch over
Nanette here in the big city. Emmanuel is wonderful,
high-tech and yet personal. Nannette is hooked up to
about a million tubes and wires, but she is stabilized
and the doctor here will probably operate on her on
Friday. My mom and dad are driving to Walla Walla to
pick up JoAnn in their motor home, hoping to get her
here in time for the surgery. Grampa Snyder and I are
checked in to the Ronald McDonald house and we're
trying to catch up on rest.

I know this is rambling, but a lot has happened in a
short period of time. I just finished dinner here and
then I'm going back to be with Nanette. Please pass
this on to anyone that might be interested, and,
whether you believe in prayer, or the power of prayer,
or not, please pray for Nanette. I can tell you that
her spirit is tangible there in that ICU - I can feel
her healing power reaching out to all the other small
children there, especially a little one named Silus
who is nearby and seems to be slipping away. Pray for
all the little ones.

May peace, love and joy be with you in all things,

Joe

11 Comments:

  • At 6:18 AM, April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joe, we have been, and will continue to pray for Nanette and your
    family
    and all the wonderful "gifts" HE has blessed our world with. Be joyful
    in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.-Romans 12:12

     
  • At 6:21 AM, April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    take heart. your nanette IS in the hands of the angels and she is
    fine. she is glad she is here. i can feel that through your words.
    we are all with her, with you, and Jo Ann. take heart, joe. be good
    to joe. and connect your voice to your touch with your new little girl.

     
  • At 6:23 AM, April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jane and I hold the Light of Christ over Nanette in these
    next
    days. This Light, tomorrow being the night of the Last Supper of Jesus
    and
    the beginning of his dying on the Cross, is there for Nanette. Jesus
    made
    it so. This Light is Life. Jesus has already done this for you and
    me. I
    hope you and Joanne can really be in, and feel this light, right now.

    May blessings and power and love surround you all.

     
  • At 6:23 AM, April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My heart goes out to you! and my prayers are with you. I sensed something was wrong Tuesday afternoon late, and prayed for you all then. You have been in my thoughts and prayers ever since. 25 years ago, my ex husband and I were where you are now, but at the Neonate Center at the University in Portland. Our little girl's problems were not known until it was too late. You are very lucky that the doctors know what is wrong and how to fix it. Your little girl is very strong, and there are a lot of people praying for her. and I will pass this on to everyone I know who would be willing to reach out in prayer for your family. I know exactly what you are going through right now. You are not alone.

     
  • At 6:24 AM, April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your new baby girl! Please know that we have
    already
    begun praying for her. We, too, are asking that you and JoAnn (and
    family) might feel the peace of His embrace. We DO believe in the
    power
    of prayer and anticipate Nanette's complete and full recovery.

    Lisa and I will place Nanette (and your entire family) on our church's
    prayer chain. Please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do for
    you
    here.

    We'll try to see JoAnn tomorrow (if you think that would be okay with
    her). Let us know.

    Please call me on my cell phone (509-520-7800) as you learn more; or,
    if
    there is anything we can do to help here.

    You are all in our prayers!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joe, We are praying for Nanette, your wife, you and the family. Will keep in touch through the internet but if you need anything please let us know. My cell phone # is 812-738-9844. In Christian love, Jon and Sharon Carter

     
  • At 10:11 PM, April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for sending me a quick note. I heard about Baby Nanette at Bunco last night and your family has been in my thoughts and prayers ever since!

    Give my love to JoAnn when you see her.

     
  • At 7:38 AM, April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joe,

    Nanette and all of your family are in our prayers.

    Phil & Debbie Merrell

     
  • At 8:25 AM, April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joe, JoAnne and family: Matt and I send our prayers. Nannette is gorgeous and is in the hands of the angels. Love and Prayers The Quistbergs

     
  • At 12:02 PM, April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    JoAnn,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet little baby girl, Nanette. I have been thinking about you through this pregnancy and have always wondered how you were doing. Congratulations....finally!!! I will be praying for everyone, especially your peace and Nanette's quick recovery.
    Love, Lindsay Butler

     
  • At 6:42 AM, March 21, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello,

    When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here nanettecooke.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Let me present you with one fact here. Research presents that about 60% of all United States grownups are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? Quick weight loss can be achived with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

    About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home