Nanette Jo Cooke

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Superchick





Nanette improves daily. Yesterday she started drinking from a bottle every two hours. Just before each feeding, the nurses aspirate (suck) the remainder of the prior feeding in order to see if her digestion is working. Poor girl, no wonder she's in a hurry to get out of there.





She somehow removed her pic line. The report was that it "just fell out," but I think that Nanette pulled it out. The pic line ran from a blood vessel in her heel clear up to her heart so that she could receive nutrients directly into her blood stream from an IV drip.



It has to be all the prayers - it's extraordinary the way she keeps throwing off the interventions. She's healing at a miraculous pace!

We can't wait to get mom and Nanette home.

You've gotta love that hairdo!

According to Carter, "She's cuter than a baby chick!"


At last my love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song
Ohh yeah yeah
At last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
The night I looked at you

I found a dream, that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known

Ohh yeah yeah

You smile, you smile
Oh and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine at last

I found a dream, that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known

Ohh yeah yeah

You smile, you smile
Oh and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine at last

At last... at last

7 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, April 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joe - This is Marion Long. At last, I returned to the House and you were gone. Say, that could be the start of a new verse for the song. Ha! I am so sorry to have missed you and hope we can cross paths before you all leave for good. You have touched my heart with your writing. I can't even write this without getting tears in my eyes. Every word you write is filled with love. It has made me wish all my thoughts were more like yours. Your home must be a sanctuary of love, with a little spilled milk on the side. Because of you, I'll work at being better. I hope that you have the time in your life to write a book or ten. It's not just prose but life's lessons as well. Save all this for Nanette but consider putting it all together, along with the rest of the story, and making it available to other. Every House in the RMHC system (over 200)and children's hospitals would benefit from the wisdom of your experience. Most of all,families would be inspired.

    The pictures are beautiful. I hope to get the chance to meet all of them and to give you a hug of thanks for sharing. I'm not sure what the weekend will bring but I'll try to come down and find you.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, April 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there!
    We check in daily. It was great to see the pictures of two beautiful blonde "chicks". What a beautiful baby girl and what a beautiful Mom!! We think of you often and can't wait until you're home in Walla Walla. Your preschool family is anxiously waiting to meet the newest Cooke.
    Fondly,
    The Betts
    Becky~Bob~Mary Bella~ Paul~ Spencer~Chole

     
  • At 10:43 AM, April 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Joann...

    Little Nanette...looks so comfortable and happy in your arms..and you look
    totally blessed to be holding her.

    She looks like Carter in the mouth..with Adams hairdo when he was a baby...we used to call it the Adam Ant look.

    So glad all is going well...we are so looking forward to welcoming you and Nanette home.

    Lots of love,

    Aunt Janie

     
  • At 11:07 AM, April 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a beautiful, beautiful baby. We look at her and are afforded a glimpse of heaven! We're so thankful that all is going well. God is good!

    Mark, Lisa, Caitlin, Joshua, and Jadon

     
  • At 7:44 PM, April 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joe,
    In mid-afternoon I had to stop, take a moment for prayer and I was blessed with joy. This must be an answer to prayer.
    Here is a quote.
    "When you sing, you pray twice."
    Johnny Cash
    May your family be blessed.
    EP

     
  • At 10:18 PM, April 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Joe and JoAnn,

    How beautiful JoAnn looks holding Nanette. I'm sure it felt wonderful to hold her, and I'm sure Nanette felt a great loving presence caring for her.

    I think of you often and send love, prayers, and healing your way.

    Trish

     
  • At 5:08 PM, May 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd have to say that Nanette is every bit as beautiful as her mom - she has to be - she's the spittin' image of 'er.

    Love you and take care,
    Sheila

     

Post a Comment

<< Home